Intake and Admission Process
The Institution has autonomy in terms of conducting B.Ed. Entrance Test and carrying out the admission process. With regard to the intake, eligibility and admission procedure, the Institution follows the standards laid down by National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). The number of seats sanctioned by NCTE for the B.Ed. course each year is 100 (one hundred).
Criteria for admission followed by the Institution
As a Religious Minority Educational Institution, Patna Women’s College reserves 50% of its sanctioned seats for Christian students. For the remaining 50% of the approved seats, State Government and Patna University (P.U.) policies are followed. Details are given below :
Eligibility for admission considered by the institution
- I : Science, Commerce and Arts graduates and postgraduates may apply with College Leaving Certificate.
- II: As per NCTE norms a candidate should have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate at the Bachelors degree examination of a recognized University and have studied at least two school subjects from the list given below :
English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, Mathematics, Biology (Botany / Zoology), Physics, Chemistry, History, Geography, Political Science, Home Science, Economics, Commerce.
- III: The candidate must already be in possession of the mark sheet and the degree.
- IV: B.Ed. being a professional training programme, those taking any other course simultaneously with the B.Ed. course are not considered.
- V: Admission is granted on the basis of entrance tests comprising of a written test and counselling.