The Department has a library committee that is dedicated to the maintenance and enrichment of the library.
The composition of the library committee is as follows :
|Chairperson||Dr. Sister Marie Jessi A.C., Principal, PWC|
|Coordinator||Dr. Upasana Singh, HoD, PWC|
|Representative Faculty||Ms. Anju, Asst. Professor|
|Secretary||Mr. Shekhar Kumar, Librarian|
|Member||Ms. Husn Bano, Assistant Librarian|
|Student Representative||2 Cabinet member|
The functions of the library committee are as under
- To ensure that the library functions as an effective learning and information centre for the students and faculty.
- To conduct meeting at the end of the session and as required.
- To facilitate upgradation of library resources, facilities and infrastructure.
- To ensure the optimal utilisation of library budget.
- To ensure that the library resources are effectively utilised by the students / faculty of the college.
- To review performance of the library and the use of various books and journals by students and faculty periodically to facilitate informed planning.
- To facilitate the library with hardware and software required for smooth functioning of the library and train the manpower for its optimal use.
- To develop and carry out an effective feedback system for upgradation of library services.
Department library has computers, Broadband internet access and reprographic (Xerox) facilities.
- The e-library comprises of 7 (Seven) computers. These computers are equipped with the Broadband internet connection for online browsing of e-journals and other web-based learning resources. The facility is open for use to both staff and students.
- The library has reprographic facility for the students and the staff. This facility is available on all working days during the lunch break and after instructional hours.
Information and Library Network Center
The inflibnet members can go to log in page by clicking the below link: inflibnet.ac.in
M.L.I.S., PG.DCA, Library Automation (Managing e-library)
Ms. Husn Bano
Working hours of the Library
|Working hours of the Library|
|On working days||08 hours (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)|
|On holidays||as required|
|During examinations||08 hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)|
|The library have an Open access facility Total collection of the following in the library|
|– Reference books||1035|
|(c) Journals subscribed|
|– Indian journals||9|
|– Foreign journals||–|
|(d) Peer reviewed journals||9|
|(e) Back volumes of journals||170|
|(f) E-information resources|
|– Online journals / e-journals||2700+ (Inflibnet)|
|– CDs / DVDs||844|
|– Databases||Computerised Catalogue|
|– e-books||100000+ (Inflibnet)|
|– Open Access Journal||DOAJ, Elsevier, Springer Open|
|Total carpet area of the Library (in sq. mts.)||194.45 m2|
|Seating capacity of the Reading room||58|
The following facilities are provided in the Library: Circulation, News Clipping, Reference Services, Book Bank(Text Book Library), Reprography Services, Computer, Broadband and Wi-Fi, Semi-Automated Access facility, User orientation, information literacy/User education etc.
Other facilities available in the library.(a) Teaching aids : Maps and Charts
- Laptops/Tablet for students
- Educational / Psychological Tests
- Use of electronic gadgets – Tape Recorder, CD/DVD Player, Sony Handicam, Cyber shot camera
- Newspaper clippings
- Journal/magazine content sheets of the back issues